The SHAKTI Vermi Composting Bin is the ideal solution for converting waste into valuable compost.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES OF A SHAKTI VERMI COMPOSTING BIN:
- Easy to install.
- Portable, light and easy to maintain.
- Available in two convenient sizes: small bins for homes and large bins for gardens
- Composting can be done, both with worms or without worms.
- For the preparation of the composting bin add stones/sand, coconuthuskand cow dung (to be put in layers at the bottom of the composting bin).
- If desired, worms to be added. If worms are added:
- Ensure that the legs of the bin are immersed in water to prevent ants entering the bin.
- Ensure that the bin is not exposed to heat or rain.
- After preparing the bin add waste to any one compartment of the bin.
- Do not add water/soap water. If there is excess moisture or water - addsaw dust.
- Do not add metal, plastic or glass objects such as tins,cans, bottles etc.
- After approximately 30 - 45 days start adding the waste into the next compartment of the composting bin.
- Mix dry leaves periodically and churn the compost waste regularly. (dry leavesshould not have ants on them if worms are being used).
- Remove compost from compartment one after 60 days and then start putting the waste in this compartment one. The composting bin is to be used in this way by alternating the use of the compartment one and two.
||Dimensions in mm
|100lts vermi composting bin round
||460 (dia) x 650 (h)
|500lts vermi composting bin rectangular
||1000 (l) x 800 (b) x 500 (h)