SHAKTI - stands for strength, power and innovation in design. An example which is now a standard feature is the white inner layer of food grade quality. The threaded lid for water tanks of 500lts and above was designed and first introduced by us.
GMI Zarhak Moulders Benefit: We can work with our customers from concept (Early Vendor Involvement) or from the design stage.This initial involvement saves time & costs as all factors connected to a roto part are addressed.Using internet we can accept drawings in any format, i.e. IGES or DXF files. Once we get the drawings our engineering resources will work on them to give feedback to ensure the design is rotomoulding friendly.We can offer our services to make the tools and subsequently mould the part. In short the SHAKTI advantage is full service, design to part.
We have two product lines: RETAIL which consist of Water tanks, Vermicompost bins, Dustbins, Septic Tanks, Barrels etc and INDUSTRIAL which consists of custom moulded parts viz: fuel tanks, water tanks, engine cells, pallets etc. We service Automotive, Pharmaceutical and marine segments.
We entered in JV with GMI in 2004 to bring high-end technology to India. GMI provides us technical support based on their experience. We also have access to their design facilities.
• Roto-molding results in seamless parts with almost uniform wall thickness.
• The corners are thicker than the plain surfaces thus making the part structurally stronger than a part normally produced from viz. blow moulding.
• Rotomoulding does not use pressure inside the mould making the parts stress free, stronger and crack resistant.
• Tooling costs are lower as minor changes can easily be made to existing moulds.
• Rotomoulding also offers superb flexibility as the tools do not have to handle pressure making the tools simpler than injection moulding tools.
• Fewer steps to get to your finished product as complex contours, metal inserts, flanges, and molded-in threads can be designed into the walls.
• Rotomoulded plastic products are easy to handle and are cost effective to ship due to lighter weight than metal or fiberglass.
• The tolerances are higher when compared to other processes, generally in the region of +1%.
• Use of dual colours in one mould is not possible.
SHAKTI-water tanks are very safe for preserving drinking water. Our tanks are double layered. Outer layer of our tanks is black which protects the tank from harmful Ultra Violet sunrays; for inner white layer a food grade whitener Titanium Di Oxide is used, this is safe for your family. However care must be taken not to store water in plastic tanks for long periods as the water may become stale.
Our threaded lids are mosquito proof and prevents warping. The lid protects against access for lizards, insects, etc. These lids are quite strong and easy to operate. Since our tanks contain no metal screws to lock or unlock the lids there is no rusting and no maintenance.
It will depend upon the material used for the process. The factors that will have an impact on the product are the time the part is subjected to that particular temperature and the load that’s been applied. Normally polyethylene is suitable upto about 60°C and polypropylene around 100°C.
We are always ready to assist our customers whether it’s about the installation process of our products or any complaint, our technicians are always there to offer assistance if required. Usually if installed properly tanks have no problems for years. To safe guard the interests of our customers we issue Bills for all products and also instructions for proper installation.
Good Manufacturing Practices: Giving the best quality products to our customers is our first priority. Our Good Manufacturing Practices ensures timely delivery of a quality product at the right place and at the right price after elimination of waste, conforming to customer’s requirements. We encourage a culture of continuous improvement by practicing Kaizen, 5S, TPM & QAP etc. stupendous.
Generally the lead time for making a new mould is approximately 6-8 weeks from the date of receipt of approved technical drawings with detailed specifications subject to no changes. Consider a week thereafter for the first sample to be produced for customer's approval. If approved and no changes we can safetly assume a period of ten weeks from the date the design is approved .
Mail us: S-91 (Phase II C) Verna Electronic City, Verna, Goa 403722, India.
Email us: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : 0832-2783958/ 0832-6680127